Van Munster and Farr Yacht Design
- Parent Category: News
- Created: Sunday, 22 April 2018 19:26
- Hits: 105
We are very excited to be in negotiations with Farr Yacht Design to produce their latest design, the FAST 40+ design 841. Our discussions are for a construction start that would see the first boat available for the Australian Summer. A full design presentation, proposed specification and pricing is available upon request.
Full details can be found on the Farr Yacht Design website - click here
News and Design Details From the Farr Yacht Design Website
Around the world we are seeing a resurgence of interest in high performance race boats at the 40’ size. Originating in the UK, the Fast 40+ class has gone from strength to strength providing exceptionally close racing for well matched, high performance 40 footers. The dynamic performance of the Fast 40’s and their more accessible construction and operating costs have peaked the interest of sailors around the world. We are seeing a significant amount of interest in boats of this style from Australia, New Zealand, USA, and European owners with particular interest in boats that are not solely targeted at inshore style racing. Responding to this interest we have developed a brand new design that reflects the recent evolutions of the IRC and Fast 40+ rules, but is specifically optimised to a larger component of offshore sailing conditions; positioned to excel in both inshore regattas and in the offshore races.
Guiding principles of our FAST 40+ design 841 include:
• Design parameters optimised to the 2018 FAST 40+ class rule and targeted to perform both inshore and offshore in dynamic conditions
• An aggressive approach to maximize the benefit of moving crew weight both longitudinally and transversely
• Refined, high stability/low drag hull shape integrated with advanced deck and structural design
• Modern, open cockpit deck geometry designed to maximize efficient handling with minimized weight, windage and pitch gyradius
• Maximum-performance high efficiency appendages for impressive downwind offshore performance and high lift in demanding conditions or racing in tight fleets
• Easily re-modeable to optimise for inshore or offshore focused schedules
• Light, reliable and efficient structural design integrated with deck and rig features
This design is developed to excel in coastal and offshore races where dynamic reaching performance is paramount while still providing excellent inshore performance in tight windward leeward regattas. Design 841 is a product of the latest in design technology and leverages 40 years of design experience. It features a fresh look at every element of the boat, leaving no stone unturned. It combines cutting-edge research with countless innovations and refinements that will define the next generation of FAST 40+.
We are in advanced discussions with Van Munster boats in Australia in preparation for a construction start that would see the first boat available for the Australian Summer. A full design presentation, proposed specification and pricing is available upon request.